Sofclear Contacts is owned by Gelflex. Gelflex has been manufacturing contact lenses for over 40 years. We have maintained a strong focus on lens quality and innovative design with the primary focus has always been patient health, comfort and quality of vision.
In over 40 years, leading the contact lens industry, Gelflex has achieved some remarkable accomplishments including:
- Being Australia’s first and only cast mould manufacturing plant. Producing the world’s first hydrogel.
- Producing the world’s first hydrogel intraocular lens.
- Producing the first paediatric Gas Permeable Scleral lens in the world.
- Manufacturing the world’s only disposable lens with a special enhance tint.
Based in Perth, Western Australia, Gelflex has offices in Indonesia, United States and Europe connecting with business and consumers around the world.
Our Commitment To You
We know how important it is to choose a brand which maintains a strong commitment to quality that complies with international manufacturing standards. This is essential as contact lenses are classified as medical devices.
As a leading manufacturer, we are certified through a comprehensive yearly accreditation process. These audits review our entire manufacturing process ensuring the quality of our lenses are never compromised.
Our lenses are sold and certified in many countries including Australia, Argentina, Bosnia, Colombia, China, Cyprus, Ecuador, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Jordan, Libya, Lithuania, Malaysia, Moldova, Morocco, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, UK, Ukraine, Vietnam, and the USA.
See our accreditation:
- CE Certification for Europe for our entire quality system
- Listed Medical Devices on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) database – TGA Australia
- Registered foreign manufacturer of contact lenses with US Food and Drug Administration in the USA
Sofclear Contacts was established to give you the experience you want, providing contact lenses that are affordable, convenient and flexible to suit your life. It is the start of our partnership, a manufacturer selling direct to you.